Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Of Baking and Cooking

I have to agree with my blogging friend Joanna. She said I was bitten by “baking bugs”.

The following recipes were the one I thought is worth sharing with you all; they are smooth texture cakes with a hint of veggie/fruity taste in it.

Pumpkin Cake
Source: Nasi Lemak Lover



Pineapple Cake
Source: My Kitchen Snippets



Orange Cake
Source: I can’t recalled the source of the recipe, therefore I posted the ingredients and methods as following:


Ingredients:
250gm butter
180gm sugar
250gm self-raising flour
4 large eggs
1/3 cup orange juice
Rind from one orange

Methods:
1) Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2) Add in eggs (one at a time) and mix well.
3) Stir in orange rind.
4) Fold in flour alternately with orange juice.
5) Pour into a pan.
6) Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170° C for 30 – 45 minutes or until cake is cooked through when tested with skewer.


Kam Heong Chicken
Source: Being-Mkmummy
This recipe never failed me (touch wood). I have attempted many times and it usually turned out good; it goes really well with rice.

Give a try, ladies.




Pumpkin with Dried Shrimp
Not wanting to waste a big chunk of pumpkin that sitting in my fridge, and after I’ve Google some reference and also advices from friends, I discovered the idea which pairing the pumpkin with dried shrimp.

Believe me, you will be surprised with the great savour exude from this combination.






2 comments:

Small Kucing said...

My husband love the pumpkin dish

Kitty said...

Wah...lovely. You are really good in baking, Joanne!