Sunday, June 10, 2012

Gardening Fun

It’s my idea to always get Sarah involved in doing house chores, baking and even gardening.

The other day I saw the sunflower seeds at market place; I thought it will be fun to have the seed-planting session with Sarah. Frankly speaking it is new to me too but I am happy to learn together with her.

We followed the instructions closely which printed on the packaging. Sarah loved the process of soil-loosening and she spreading the seeds into the pot.

When we were done, I told Sarah we have to wait patiently for the baby plant to grow and the flower to bloom; but I never expected it take two months and it feel like eternity for her. She kept checking the pot daily to see the sign of life.

After long wait the flowers finally bloomed. We were thrilled to see the gorgeous sunflowers, at long last. Sarah just; loves her flowers; she took care of it well and asked me to hide away from strong wind when it rain.



Then the flowers withered one day. Sarah has now bought a packet of carrot seed and she is eagerly to plant it, keep our fingers cross.




15 comments:

wenn said...

that's a good hobby..

syahidahishak said...

Hehehe....seems that Sarah likes it!

Small Kucing said...

Wow lovely sunflowers

Cynful Pleasure said...

the flowers were great!! Did Sarah got upset when the flower wittered? I remembered those days, I got very upset when my flowers wittered and I didn't want to plant any after that.. hehehe... show us the carrot soon ya. :D

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Wenn:
Yes, is a hobby that cultivate "patience". I need it so much!

Kathy:
Thanks!
I love sunflowers. I thought the flower will grow as big as my face. But the one I got is smaller type. But is ok, I still love it!

Syida:
Hopefully she will cont to love the hobby:-)

MeRy said...

A new hobby for Sarah....I am not expert in gardening.

Merryn said...

Gardening is so much fun! Harvesting your very own crop is even more fun. I hope the carrot grow well... :)

Adrine said...

That's a nice flower!
But good to warn her that one day the flower will wilt.

Rose said...

Beautiful sunflower. Look forward to your carrot seeding.

Mummy Gwen said...

Mummy and Sarah have green hands. The sunflowers are so pretty. Good Luck with the carrots.

Mummy Moon said...

The sunflowers are beautiful!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Mery:
It is indeed a new hobby for Sarah. Hopefully she will stay on with the interest.
- Actually I do not have green thumb. But I am lucky that somehow the plant that I grew is growing and some bloomed with flowers.

Moon:
Thanks!
I love sunflowers. I thought the flower will grow as big as my face. But the one I got is smaller type. But is ok, I still love it!

Gwen, Rose:
Hopefully the carrots will grow. Me and Sarah are really looking forward to see it.

Adrine:
Yeah, I did inform Sarah that all flowers will withered. I think she still needs some time to understand it.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Merryn: Do you like gardening?
To be honest, I never see a carrot plant before. So hopefully the one that Sarah and I plant will grow up well.

Kitty said...

Love the sunflowers. Are they easy to take care?

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Cynthia:
Yes, Sarah was upset when she saw the plant withered.
Actually I did told her earlier, but I think she just need some time to adjust her emotions.
- Ooo, you like gardening too when you were small?
- Sure sure, will surely post the carrot plant "if" it grows up well:-)

Kitty:
I love it too, nice hor.
Eee...it quite easy to take k. Just like any other type of flowers. But one thing, it takes a long time for the flower to bloom.