Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hot Air Balloon 2012 (Backdated Post)

I know it’s a bit late, but I want this post to serve as a reminder for us NOT go to Putrajaya Hot Air Balloon Fest again next year. Why? Read on…

To make up for the miss two years ago, we bring Sarah to the Balloon Fest again this March. This time, my sisters and their family followed along.

We went on the second day of the event, and we totally did not expect such a huge crowd has turned up. The massive jam started few kilometers away from the destination; imagine, we were stuck in the jam for about an hour and the sky started turned dark.

And then parking is another nightmare, but luckily the weather turned better in the end. We saw quite a lot of hot air balloons; yet Sarah was not so excited seeing them. She showed boring face until I bought her a Dora helium balloon.

I told hubby that next year we might give it a miss. Frankly speaking, the traffic suck (big time) and it is quite bored!


(170312)

8 comments:

Merryn said...

Oh, such a pity u feel that way. For me this has been a yearly ritual. Ethan loves those balloons and will pester us to go esp for the Night Glow and without fail we keep going, year after year until one fine year we'll get bored of it :)

Kristie said...

I've never been to any of this too.... just thinking abt the crowd and the heat, no mood dy ;p

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kristie:
Haha...yes the crowd is getting more and more years by years.
But if you really wish to let Jayden to experience it, you may bring him there in the morning. The traffic is better.

Merryn:
Yalor, I also feel sad that I have such a feeling altho just went there twice.
I have forgotten to highlight another impt thing make us hesitate to go again...The MOZZIES! My goodness!
- Good lah that Ethan and you all enjoyed the event.
Keep it up, and post more photos for us, hehe.

BoeyJoey said...

Yes, I heard it was badly manged this year. We wanted to go too, but somehow forgotten all about it!

UmmiRosma said...

A great experience...but I dont dare to get a ride...hahaha...so phobia with heights! silly me...

The Dora helium balloon is very expensive here...BND5 per balloon.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Pei Yi:
Ya kah, I did not know about the poor mgmt thing, but the only thing I certain was, the TRAFFIC! The organiser only had the Rela or traffic polices very near to the Hot Air Balloon location but not along the way to the place. Therefore the cars and ppl were quite "lost" lor.

Ummi:
Actually, we never ride the hot air balloons before. The tickets were sold off really quick, therefore we just go there to "see" the balloons. :-)
- Wowww, BND5! Here RM5 only.

prince n princess mum said...

I didn't go this year!~

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kylie:
Is ok. You need to take a rest to take care of your newly born princess:-)
Next year lah, you can bring along your Do Re Mi to the event:-)