Friday, April 20, 2012

Her Name & My Number

Her Name
Four months ago, Sarah surprised us with writing out her name (S-A-R-A-H); recently, she learnt to include the surname too. I guess school works does help because most of the work sheets required them to write the name on their own.

Now I really looking forward for the day Sarah can writes her full name.


video


My Mobile Number
My friend Hui Chen has rang my bell about training Sarah to remember my mobile number. I think it will be handy and useful when come to emergency.

I came out with an idea by printing the number on papers, and stick it near her study table and bed separately. Hopefully the more she sees the more she can remember it.


Then again I need to practice the memorization with her (almost daily) to enhance the memory. After two weeks of hard work, she now can make a phone call to me!

Sarah did ask me for her daddy’s number, but I just don’t want to confuse her with so many numbers. We already pleased with her achievement at this stage.

13 comments:

MeRy said...

well done,sarah.
Ryan can remember well his daddy hp no and sometimes he will took my hp n call his daddy after back from school.

syahidahishak said...

Good job Sarah! (As well to her mommy!) It is good to give her both no (mommy & daddy) for many reasons.

syahidahishak said...

Good job Sarah! (As well to her mommy!) It is good to give her both no (mommy & daddy) for many reasons.

Kristie said...

She writes so neatly :-) Girls are always different from boys haha

Remembering phone number is a great idea!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kristie:
TQ for your comment my dear.
To be honest, I like her writing too. But her writing could change from neat to messy when she is not in the mood.
- Jayden also has neat writing. I saw you posted the photo in FB. Not bad!
- Yea, teaching kids to remember parents number can keep them safe.

Syida:
Thanks Syida for your comment to both of us.
- Sooner, will let her remember my husband's no too.
Its one of the way to keep her safe.

Mery:
Thanks.
Ryan done a good job too by remembering his daddy's mobile no. well done boy!
- Yeah, is fun for the kid to make phone call for their loved one.

Adrine said...

That's a good tip to ask them to remember h/p number.

Kitty said...

It's a good idea! I should do that to let my lil prince remember my number, just in case got emergency.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kitty:
Give a try on Ryan. Who knows he can remember you and your husband's no, is a double happiness:-)

Adrine:
Yea, teaching kids to remember parents number can keep them safe.

BALQIS CREATION said...

hi,
May i knw which kindergardent u sent sarah to? coz i also in KK and in process of surveying the best kindergardent fr my kid. since i plan to send her to chinese primary school...need ur advise since i am a malay n i think need to expose my kid to mandarin languange bfre she start her primary scool...really appriciate if u can pm me to my email zurianazakaria@gmail.com

The Kwah Family said...

Well Done Mummy and Sarah!!! Memorizing the mobile number is sure a good idea..never know when we need it

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hi hi, The Kwah Family, thanks for your comment.
Yea, teaching kids to remember parents number can keep them safe.

Mummy Gwen said...

Sarah is so clever. I tried to make Gwen memorize my hp no but she just couldn't do it. Perhaps I should stick my number everywhere in the house like you. Thanks for the tip. :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Mommy Gwen,
helo helo, long time no see. How are you and Gwen? Hope you guys are fine.
- Thanks for your comment. I believe Gwen can do the same too. Maybe you can try to print out the no and stick it near her study table or next to her bed. The more she looking at it, the more she could memorize it.
Good luck!