Thursday, March 8, 2012

Decay Tooth

I guess the title is telling enough about what was happened to Sarah.

By chance I spotted a grey dot on her left-lower teeth the other day; I thought it was leftover food after dinner. And I was so naive by using a toothpick to try to dig it out, but failed.

We then brought her to see dentist with the thought that it might be some stubborn dirt, and the dentist may just need to use their tools to get rid of it.

It only dawn on us then when being told it was actually a decaying teeth and not one, but four all together - with the filling has to be done on the spot! We agreed as we do not wish the problem gets worsen.

For children, dentist advised that we do only one at a time. Sarah was extremely anxious and worried when she saw the dentist busy preparing the tools and etc…we did mentally prepare her to “see” dentist, but not “do something” on the spot.

There was a moment she almost burst into tears but luckily she did hold it back. For a first timer we really have to give her credit for the braveness.

Bit by bit she was getting more relaxed on the subsequent weeks visiting for the rest of the dental filling. It all went well and she was even able to come down from the chair with a smile.



Since then, I was paying extra attention towards the correct way she brush her teeth and of course, the frequency of eating sweet stuffs.



P/S: those greyspot was her decaying tooth, for self-record.


(040212, 100212, 150212 & 220212)

14 comments:

syahidahishak said...

Joanne, I am afraid to see dentist. Even in my childhood. Sarah was so brave to see dentist. You have a good method of persuasion for Sarah to see the dentist.

Cynthia said...

Brave girl.. and now I got to start worry on Princess tooth... it's bad, but me myself also don't enjoy dentist trip, how to phys-co my girl leh... :p

prince n princess mum said...

Glad she's not scared to visit dentist!~

Little Kit Boy said...

Oh what a brave little girl. Well done.

Shenny's mommy said...

Bravo, Sarah.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Cynthia,
Is it ar, Breanna got alot of decayed tooth?
Mayb u started by showing her some of d photos frm internet bt kids goin to c dentist. Explain wat dr wil do on her n etc.
Ei,mayb u can teman her to do d chck up 2.I knw is hard 4 u, hehe. But is beter dat leaves Breanna gigi unchck.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Jenny, Shenny's Mommy n Kylie,
Tq.
I was hapi everytg went wel.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Syida,
Actuali im afraid seeing dentist 2. So im trying my best to tk k my gigi,brush it mor frequent n etc. Hope tis wil prevent me to c dentist.

Kitty said...

Sarah is a very brave girl! I don't know if I can ever drag my boy to see the dentist!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kitty,

Thanks.
Give a try. Maybe Ryan is ready to see dentist.
Or you need more persuasions on him.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kitty,

Thanks.
Give a try. Maybe Ryan is ready to see dentist.
Or you need more persuasions on him.

Small Kucing said...

hope it's all better now

UmmiRosma said...

ooo...hope she is recovering by now..i know how painful it had been to the little Sarah. We are still having a hard time to get our boy to brush his teeth without being told, however our girl is ok.

*hug*

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Ummi:
Actually, I am relieved that Sarah do not suffered any pain so far. She just felt the tense.
- Sometimes Sarah will lazy to brush her teeth too, but when I told her about what the dentist adviced her to do, then she will followed my instructions obediently, hehe.
- Don't worry, as long as mommy is there to keep monitor on Habibi and Habibati's oral hygiene, they should be fine.

Kathy:
Thanks for regards. Sarah is fine.
Sarah need not to visit the dentist until the next 6 mths.