For me, these recipes are definitely a keeper! I adjusted the recipes a little bit and it still turned out rightly; I would truly recommend you all to try them out.
Steamed Chocolate Cake
Source: Baking Wonderland (from Facebook)
Butter - 180g
Sugar - 120g
Fresh Milk - 200ml
Vanilla Essence - Few drops
Egg 2 (whisk)
Self-Raising flour - 160g
Cocoa Powder - 30g
Baking Chocolate - 20g
Soda Bicarbonate - ½ teaspoon
Note: Substitution of self-raising flour: for 1 cup, use 1 cup all-purpose flour plus 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
1) Double-boiled the ingredients A till it melted.
2) Remove from heat (and let it cool for few minutes) and mix it with ingredient B.
3) Add ingredient C. You may complete this step without using the electric mixer, but be sure the batter is well mixed until the smooth texture is formed.
4) Steamed at high heat for 30-45 minutes (for 6 x 6 inches square pan) or until the skewer came out cleanly.
The cake is so spongy to eat; I tried it on several occasions and it never failed me. It is such a moist chocolate cake, everyone agreed!
Dried Shrimps Eggplant
1 egg plant - medium size (cut into thin slices)
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 1/2 tbsp dried shrimps - rinse with water
3 cloves garlic - chopped
3-4 chili padi (sliced)
1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce (or to taste)
2-3 tbsp water
pinch of sugar (optional)
1) Heat up the non-stick pan without oil.
2) Place the sliced egg plant in the heated pan, cover with lid and cook for 2-3 minutes in low heat until its bottom part turn brown. Be careful not to burn the egg plant.
3) Flip the egg plant slices, it should be slightly soften now and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
When both side of the egg plant turn brown, remove from the pan and set aside.
Note: Make sure the egg plants are soft before proceed to the next steps of the recipe.
4) Now the egg plants are ready to stir fried with other ingredients
5) Heat the pan with a tablespoon of cooking oil and brown the garlic in medium heat.
6) Add in dried shrimp and chili padi, stir and cook for 1 minute.
7) Add in fish sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Immediately stir in the eggplant slices, cook for about 30-45 second.
8) Add in water and stir until water dries up.
9) Serve warm with rice.
The eggplant is cooked with less oil and is healthier. The aroma and its flavors will make you crave for more rice than you usually do.
1 day ago