Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I met with Syida

Two weeks after the posting about Syida, finally I was able to pay her a visit last Sunday together with another ex-colleague.



We go with a heavy heart. Our first impression seeing Syida after seven long years was, she doesn't look like she's in pain; she greeted us with warm and great smile. Syida is such a fighter!

From our two-hour conversation, we got to know her current condition is not so favourable. She can sense the tumor is growing, because it started to affects her writing ability; if without persistent self-help exercising, the complication towards her daily life will be much greater.

So far, the fund accumulated is still way too low to achieve her wish to perform the surgery in US…

Sometimes we are at a loss as to what part we might play in our friend life when they are sick, especially when the sickness goes on for a longer period of time than just the flu.

I only hope my tiny efforts and few simple words of encouragement do help her to get past the bad time.

After hearing so much of her stories, it makes me realized how lucky and blessed I am.

P/S: If you wish to help Syida in any ways, please click here; my heartfelt appreciation for the kindness you have shown Syida.


(070811)

9 comments:

Kristie said...

Ok Joanne, I've seen her blog, I will make a donation to her cause, really hope people will contribute too!

yes she's a very strong lady indeed, may God bless her!

Alice Law said...

Hopping over to see wht I can do to help... stay strong Syida!

mNhL said...

May god bless her. Stay strong Syida !

Small Kucing said...

hope she will get enough funds soon

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kathy:
I hope the same.

Hui Li:
Thank you so much for your wishes and support.

Alice:
Thanks for dropping by.
I saw your words of encouragement at Syida's blog. It meant alot!

Kristie:
You have a kind heart and soul.
Thanks for the donation. We really appreciate it alot.
I will convey the msg to Syida. She surely feel happy.

Shenny's mommy said...

Hop over and found this lady really has good soul, may God bless her.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Shenny's Mommy:
Thanks for dropping by.
Yeah, Syida is a kind and friendly person. Hope she will recover from the sickness.
Thanks again!

Alice said...

what other kind of contribution can I make to help to ease her burden?

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Alice,
Thanks for your comment. I have replied in your latest post.
Have a nice day!