Sunday, July 10, 2011

My New Trying

Roti Canai
I stumble upon this frozen “Roti Canai” while groceries shopping recently; it tastes almost the same like what we have from the “mamak” stall. I like it as it’s convenient, inexpensive yet only require tiny bit of oil to pan-fried the dough.

I just had two pieces of it for my breakfast and it match right with sugar.




Seafood Pumpkin Soup and Chicken with Pumpkin in Ketchup

This is first time I incorporate pumpkin into my cooking…and the foods turned out satisfactorily. I think it is also a great way to encourage Sarah to eat more pumpkin by adding them into daily dishes.





Picture courtesy of The Lifestyle Cuisine Magazine and Cookbooks


Barley with Pumpkin and Sago dessert

I must give credit to myself on this one (ahem). I have no cook book but just try to imitate what I’ve ordered from a nearby restaurant; the outcome is fabulous! Everyone gave thumbs up for it.

This is a very simple and yummy dessert; you may as well give a try.




Red Bean Soup
I had my first attempt in cooking this simple folk’s dessert; it turned out just nice for my liking. And I should have do it more often as it said to has the benefit of lower the water-retention in our body.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Have not been visiting your blog for quite a long time.

I used to buy the frozen roti canai. I think it's nice especially if you are too lazy to go out to mamak just for a roti canai. But hubby doesn't like it. Jonathan loves roti canai. Perhaps I should let him try this. I don't put oil. I just pan fry it with a non-stick pan.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Julie:
Thanks for dropping by Julie.
Sorry for not visit your blog for quite some time too.
- Yes, the frozen roti canai is very convenient especially feeling lazy for tabao or eating outside.
- My husband also do not like the taste. And recently Sarah do not like it neither.
- I think no harm by letting Jonathan try the frozen roti canai.
I have tried to put lesser oil or no oil at all, but the roti canai do not taste that good.

Debbie Y said...

I didn't know that we can DIY roti canai using the Roti Pratha.

Thanks for sharing. I should try it myself soon.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Debbie:
Hi, thanks for leaving your comment.
You may try out the frozen type of Roti Pratha. It taste not bad and is healthier too.