Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sarah’s first cut

You have no idea how happy and proud I was…Sarah was so brave during her first ever hair cut at a saloon yesterday!



Actually all this while it was me who doubled as a barber; she always has this imaginative fear about saloon every time I mention it.

And then I think it’s about time; I told her I really have to send her for the hair cut yesterday.

I tricked her by saying that if we don’t cut our hair, it will be bitten by bug and we can get bald. I also explained to her the whole process (for the 500th times) and comforted her that she will be sitting on my lap during the hair cut.

Guess what, when the moment the hairstylist asked if she likes to sit on the booster chair by herself, she agreed! And there it goes…cut-cut-cut, trim-trim-trim…ta-da!



I never expect it could be so easy, and I really think that she deserved a reward for her good behaviour. It cost me 20 bucks for this refillable helium balloon, but I think it worth every pennies.


(300311)

16 comments:

Cook.Bake.Love said...

Sarah has grown up a lot and she is a little beauty now.

Alice Law said...

Big Girl now, she looks refreshing and pretty with her short hair!;D

Small Kucing said...

Guess there will be no more fear. Ohh...she like Dora the explorer? I just bought a Dora book for J last week

MeRy said...

Good girl,Sarah..so proud of you.

prince n princess mum said...

guai guai sit there for hair cut! Bravo!

mNhL said...

such a good girl ! Well done Sarah!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hui Li, Kylie, Mery:
Thanks for your comment. I am proud of her too.

Kathy:
Hopefully Sarah will be ok the next time I bring her to Saloon:-)
Yes, Sarah was a big fans of Barney but later changed to Dora. Joshua loves Dora too? Did you bring him to see Dora at I-City last 2 weeks? I missed that!

Angela and Alice:
Thanks for your comment and compliment.

紫清 said...

=) Good girl...she is very lady like..

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Wai Si:
Thanks for your comment.
I like her new hairstyle too:-)

Jean said...

so good girl sit down there quietly

Have a nice day! =)

My recent post:
Planetarium Malacca Adventure Science Centre

Alice said...

bravo for Sarah!
If only my daughter would behave the same....:P (read my blog) and you know what I mean. She was literally complaining and scolding everyone of us throughout the haircut session in her baby language

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Jean and Alice,
Thanks for dropping by.
I have replied your blog post, take a look yeah!

Catherine Ang said...

strong girl.. my little cousin always cry and don't want people to touch his hair :O

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Catherine:
I am sure if I were to bring Sarah to saloon at her younger age, she sure cried out loud, haha!
But I am glad that she is doing all right now.
- How old is your cousin yeah?

Catherine Ang said...

my cousin is 3years old now :O

yes you may put my blog at your blogroll and i will link your blog too :) i am taking Diploma In International Business.. :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hi Catherine,
Oo, your cousin is almost same age as Sarah. Is ok, give him more time, he will be ok in hair cutting session at saloon.
- Thanks for adding my blog into your blogroll. Appreciate it alot.
- I was studying Administrative Business Executive (ABE) till Diploma Level 2. One of the subject is International Business too.