Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tasty Marinates


Fish with Miso

Since Sarah likes miso soup so much, therefore I’ve tried a new idea which using miso paste to marinate fish.

I added a slice of ginger, a dash of light soy sauce and also sesame oil to the fish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outcome:
I was surprised with the outcome; the dish does not looked appealing, but guess what, it does taste good.

The fish tastes sweet and the sauce goes well with rice. Yummy, Sarah loves it!




Salmon with honey-soy sauce

I love watching Astro AFC (Asian Food Channel) and this is one recipe I learned from the programme “Martin Yan’s Hidden”.

I always think of way to get rid of the (overly) strong taste of salmon, and now I’ve found it.

Methods:
1) Marinate the fish with lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, light soy sauce and preserved soybeans.
2) Pan-seared the fish and bake it in oven.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outcome:
The usage of lemon juice and lemon zest helped a lot in getting rid of the fishy taste; and all the other ingredients have added so much flavour to the fish.

Sarah almost finished the meal, without knowing it’s actually a salmon.

13 comments:

mNhL said...

I never like the miso soup taste. But I love salmon.

Kristie said...

wow that's great!!! now sarah can enjoy the full benefits of salmon :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kristie:
I felt so happy the moment she ate the salmon without saying "dont want dont want", hehe.

mNhL:
Ooo...you do not like miso soup? I like it a lot. And it is so simple to prepare.
You like to eat salmon? For me, ok-ok only:-)

Sasha said...

heloo.. reanaclaire suggested to me that u might be interested to do a drink review? If yes pls email me at sashatan at gmail.com with yr details (url + add + contact number) so that i can submit to the company asap. Thanks :)

Mummy Gwen said...

I like to watch Martin Yan too. Great tips. The salmon really do look yummy. Sarah sure would love it.

the little prince said...

Thanks for the tips!! Got to try it next time, I didnt marinate anything before this just Fried!! :-)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Yugene:
You are most welcome.
I remembered you taught me before about the type of salmon. And the best method to cook it is just to fried it.
But hor, me and Sarah somehow afraid of the strong smell, hehe. So I gotto use some other strong flavour ingredients to marinate it:-)

Mommy Gwen:
Is it? Martin Yan is your fav chef too?
I remembered I have been watching him cooking since I was a kid and after so many years, now he still look young.
At least Sarah did not spit out the salmon, I am happy already:-)

prince n princess mum said...

Yummy fishy!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kylie:
Thanks! :-)

MeRy said...

Tq for sharing these 2 new recipes..

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Mery:
You are most welcome Mery.

Alice Law said...

Oh... I'm eager to try these recipe!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Alice:
Give a try and hope you and your girls will like it.