Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bean Strip Soup

It has been a while I did not blog about Sarah’s menu. The reason is we were mostly dinning outside of late due to functions; in that case, Sarah will normally eat whatever food that available for us.

Today when I am checking through the ingredients in the fridge, I saw some fresh spinach and tomato, so here come the idea of this recipe.

I decided to cook a soup using anchovies, spinach and tomato. Once these ingredients have brought to boil, I added some Chinese mushroom and also chicken meat. The soup will serve with bean strip.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OUTCOME:

Nice, nice, nice! The deseed tomato and Chinese mushroom had enhance the sweetness of the soup. It tastes rich.

As for the bean strip, Sarah loves it very much. She can finish almost all of them. I feel satisfied seeing her enjoyed the meal.




7 comments:

Mummy Gwen said...

Oh really ah, tomatoes and mushrooms are good combo? The dish looks yummy. Did you put any seasoning? Good job, mommy. :)

MommyAngel said...

Tomatoes + Spinach + Mushrooms are definitely a innovative combinations to me. Good job Joanne. Mind me asking how you feed Sarah with the meal? Coz until today, I will still seperated the dry and the wet stuffs when serving to Angel. Mind to share?

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Caroline and Mommy Gwen -
Thanks for your comment.
Actually I also not sure about tomatoes + Spinach + Mushrooms will make good combination. So I just gave a try...and I am very happy with the outcome.

Caroline - Sure, you may ask whatever questions...For me, I also like you. I will feed her the mee, meat and vege first, then only come to soup. I think it will be more easier for her to eat.

Mommy Gwen - When I cook the ikan bilis soup, I just added abit of salt, thats it. I think all the sweetness are from the other ingredients.

Fussy mum said...

Wow, that's a very nice dish. My gal loves noodles too but she has not tasted bean strip before. Shld let her try one day :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Fussy Mum - I did not know Sharlene is a noodles lover too..hehe.
Who knows she will likes bean strip :-)

Mummy Ryan said...

Wah Sarah enjoy the meal veri much.....but my little boy since bb till now dunno hw to eat tomatoes...mbe for him the taste a bit weird kua

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

KC - Yes KC, she loves all types of noodles.
Ryan doeasnt like tomato? hehe...actually some adults also dont like its weird taste. For me, I like to eat it plain and dip in with some salt. NICE!