Monday, November 3, 2008

Eggplant + Sweet Potato + White Potato Porridge

When I first feed Sarah with Eggplant, I have pureed it with sweet potato. This time, apart from sweet potato, white potato also being used as one of the ingredients. I really hope this combination of three can produced the right ‘chemical’.



Actually my earlier plan was to cook something like “stuffed eggplant with potatoes” (think Yong Tau Fu), but somehow I just have the feeling that it won’t works, so I decided to turned this recipe to porridge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OUTCOME:

Well, personally I am not so favour to the porridge (although I like eggplant a lot), as the strong taste of the eggplant had overshadowing the rest of the ingredient, but luckily Sarah loves it anyway.

When I feed her the porridge, I will intentionally include some eggplant in the feeding and she will just chew and swallow it with no problem at all…bravo to her.

15 comments:

Wonderful Life said...

Clever girl! I personally don really like eggplant :P

LittleLamb said...

She is getting older each day...its a good developmental progress...she can chew food now.. :)

Esmeralda said...

wow.. Joanne... u can think of anything under the sun ya... ;) good that Sarah can tolerate that..

Natalia said...

Little Sarah not picky at all...what mommy cooked she just ate...good girl...

Mummy Gwen said...

Yes..I think the brinjals doesn't go well when cooked with porridge. Sarah still good coz she ate the porridge. :)

little prince's mummy said...

I love brinjals.. but never cook with porridge b4..

Qistina's Mama n Abah said...

First of all, I wonder what is eggplant? 'terung' is it?

How nice if I can cook something that qistina eat a lot. Joanne, I am very impressed with all your menu.. Oh ya, I haven't introduce 'mee' to qistina yet..Dun have idea on how to do it. Somemore this week have to work on saturday..hish..

mumsgather said...

My kids don't like the texture of the eggplant and always reject it.

Julie said...

It's so easy to cook eggplant because of the soft texture but really it's tasteless. I've tried eggplant with tomato and meat for Jonathan.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Julie - Yalor...it has a very soft texture once it is cooked.
Yeap, I think it will be nicer to cook eggplant with tomato and meat. So how was the result?

Sha - Yes, eggplant mean terung.
- Dont worry Sha, I am sure if you have the time to prepare some food for Tina, she will sure love it.
- For me, sometimes I also have no idea on how to prepare food for Sarah, but I always treat Sarah like myself and I just modify the menu abit.

MG - Hihi...thanks for leaving comment again.
- Ooo..maybe the soft texture of the eggplant that makes your kids reject the vege. Hehe..abit geli of eating it huh...hehe

Kylie - I like brinjals with udang kering and chili padi. How about you?

Mommy Gwen and Natalia - Haha...my husband always said Sarah is a "bandaraya", she will sapu watever food.

Esmeralda - Hehe....I have a "tikus putih" a.k.a Sarah for me to test all these recipe..:-)

Rachel - Yeap, she likes to chew food alot.

Doreen - Ooo..why? You dont like the texture or the taste?

MeRy said...

Glad that Sarah like to eat eggplant too....

Serene said...

Joanne, I would say you are a Brave Mum! Always let Sarah try new food! Very good job! GOod that Sarah get adapted to new food easily too..

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Serene - Thanks Serene. Sometimes I really have no idea on what to cook for Sarah, so end up, gotto be brave lor..hehe

Mery - Yes, I feel happy too..

Blessed mum said...

i tried cooking the sweet potatoes porridge but none of my kids nor my hubby fancy it..but mommy loves it!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Michelle - Haha....maybe they are not used to it, but it is a sweet and nice porridge.