Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baked Beans with Macaroni

I love baked beans. So much so that I decided to think of a menu which is related to it and hope that Sarah can have a taste of it too.

Feeding her only with baked beans will be a bit plain, and not so interesting. Therefore, I have mixed the tomato sauce with macaroni. I really have no idea how will it turned out, but I just want to try something new in cooking macaroni (other than serving it with soup).



My first step was to use some onion to cook the sauce. The reason I am doing so is to enhance the flavour of the sauce. And I do tone down the thick consistency of the tomato sauce by adding in some plain water, to prevent the macaroni become too gluey.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OUTCOME:

Good try! I feel satisfy that the sweet and sour sauce mixed well with the macaroni. Not forget also the baked beans that provide slight saltiness taste to the meal. It is just delicious!

This is first time Sarah has baked beans, she likes it very much.

11 comments:

MeRy said...

A new menu for Little Sarah...glad to hear that Sarah like it.

Mummy Gwen said...

Sooo yummy. I never cooked baked beans for Gwen before. Totally forgot about baked beans..haha..Glad Sarah liked it. Good girl. :)

Wonderful Life said...

I like baked beans too! Love adding potatoes in... yummy!

What a nice menu. Can't wait to let Ryan try out pasta... :)

Julie said...

Never thought of baked beans all these while. Probabably because it's canned food so try to avoid. But once a while I think it is a great meal.

little prince's mummy said...

Yummy yummy~

Got an award for u:
http://cre8tonebabe.blogspot.com/2008/10/proximidade-award.html

Blessed mum said...

i did that for my girl too..try adding some minced chicken for protein :)

Daddy said...

I love baked beans!!!! period.

LittleLamb said...

oh..there are many ways to cook macaroni (based on the cook book la). give me yr email addy n i can pass u some recipe.

same with Julie..i avoid manufactured/can food for Philip IF possible..

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Rachel - Is it? I did not know leh...
Appreciate if you can email to me at joanne_tiew@yahoo.com
No rush, you can always email to me when you are free, and thanks in advance.
- About giving can food to Sarah..eee....I also seldom do that..hehe...

Ryan's daddy - Yeap, baked beans is a yummy food.

Michelle - OOo...you did? So they like it?
Yeap, putting in chicken will be more nicer.

Kylie - Thanks thanks..
Will grab the award later

Julie - Yeap, once a while can food is a nice food to be served, hehe...

Mommy Gwen - So do you like baked beans?
Yeap Sarah like baked beans. Maybe the saltiness taste of the beans that makes her loved it.

Mery - Thanks. Yeap, Sarah likes it.

Mummy Gwen said...

I seldom eat baked beans but my hubby likes it..haha..I think most kids love baked beans.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

mommy Gwen - Ok ok...
yeap, most kids love it.