Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sippy Cup

I have bought a Japlo Sippy Cup for Sarah when I went to shopping 2 days ago.



Yesterday, was the first day I let her drink water using it. Initially, she can drank quite alot of water. (But I have to guide her to hold the cup and put the teat into her mouth).

By noon, I noticed that she has started to feel frustrated when I did the same thing to her again and again. She even doesn't want to drink water whenever she saw me holding the cup. So, I know she had enough with it, or maybe I pushed her too hard. Therefore, I think a way out...

I put the cup on the floor and leave her alone with it, and I observed her from far. She then started to grab the cup and treat it like a toy. After a while, I noticed she grabbed the handle and put the teat into her mouth ALL BY HERSELF.

It works!

She seems comfortable with it now, but afraid of she will be sucking air bubbles when the bottle is empty, I decided to fill the cup with some water.

But one thing is, she still doesn't know how to hold the cup high enough to let the water goes into her mouth, I guess maybe it will takes some time.

Be Patient.


Pic 1 to Pic 3


Pic 4 to Pic 6


video

16 comments:

little prince's mummy said...

Great job!~ Sarah can drink more water now!~
Other than drinking, my son will also play around with the sippy cup until whole floor also water...

MommyAngel said...

Hi JT, Sarah is so clever hor. I think she enjoys her sippy cups very much and also having a great time biting the sippy cup teats .... hahaha ... I think mummy will have to stock up more teats lo :P

Julie said...

Jonathan too refuses to hold his cup high. Whenever I lift up the sippy cup, he will let go his hands...he's a lazy bum bum. :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Julie, hehe..i think both our bb is not lazy, but smart. They know that once we lift up for them, then they can drink the water easily.

Caroline, she very "Fatt Nga Hen" (itchy gum). Always like to bite things, remember the toy (frog).
I think once she knows how to drink with the teat, then I will use the sipper spout.

Kylie, yes indirectly can let her drink more water.
Hehe...Is like that lor...I always stand by a tissue or cloth to wipe those spilled out water.

Mummy Gwen said...

Well done Sarah. It's good she likes to drink water. Gwen till now also doesn't like to drink water.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Mommy Gwen, so how much water that Gwen drink in a day?
Does she likes barley water or juice?

Wonderful Life said...

Clever girl!!

I bought Avent's sippy cup for Ryan too. He only sip once or twice from the cup and then bite the handle and play with it...sigh. Needs to be patient and train him.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Doreen, hehe..thanks for your comment.
Ryan also has a sippy cup, and he likes to bite on it. Sarah also likes to bite on the teat.
Yes, we must be patient.

Qistina's Mama n Abah said...

Such a cute girl! I also buy sippy cup for qistina ..have to find the right time to take the 2nd attempt. On first attempt, not only her..me also wet by the water from sippy cup..hehehe..

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Sha, Sarah notty girl :0
Hehe...nevermind, it takes time also..so all the best to you.

Qi said...

Sarah is Clever & cheerful girl!!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Vivi - Thanks for your comment :-)

Esmeralda said...

So nice. Sarah wanna drink from a new sippy cup. Ashton still doesn't wanna drink from new and strange cups or bottles. He's a bit old-fashioned I think. Only want his own bottles.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Esmeralda - Sarah want to drink with the cup, because she thought is a toy for her. So, she will explore it then will drink with it.
Hehe..maybe Ashton has used to drink water with his bottle. Not so old fashion la!

Esmeralda said...

Haha... That means that Ashton don't have the "luxury" of using different bottles to drink water lor. I'm afraid that when he grows up still want the bottle. So paiseh that time.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Esmeralda - No la...dont worry. I dont think he will stick to the old bottle. Coz as he grows up, he will feel pai seh too..