Friday, September 26, 2008

MMR Jab (Backdated Post)

After few days of fun and celebration during Sarah’s birthday, I think it is time to brought her back to reality – by bringing her for vaccination (how cruel).

Her one year old jab (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) is due, so we brought her to the paediatrician. Once we reached there, the nurse first checked on her weight.

And then it is show time.

Once the paed laid her down to measure her height, she started to feel suspicious and uneasiness. She even tried to struggle and feel like crying. When the jab is given on her thigh, she cried out loud! (poor girl)

Luckily after the vaccination was done, we were able to calm her down quickly by divert her attention with the finger food we brought along.

In the conversation with the paed, to our surprise, we were told that she was slightly above the progress chart (in terms of height and weight). Until now, we still not sure is it a compliment or a warning?

10 comments:

Mummy Gwen said...

I think is a good thing means she is growing well coz of mommy's constant loving care. ;)

Esmeralda said...

Joanne, I think the paed is just telling u to monitor Sarah's height & weight more. That's what my paed told me last time when Ashton's weight "zoomed" up a bit, but for the next few months, he regained the "expected" weight for his height. Actually u don't have to worry much as Sarah will out-grown the weight, and lose some as she becomes more active day by day. That's what has been happening to Ashton. His weight is maintained at 12kg for the past 3 months!

Ping said...

Same as Natalie even we let her sit in weight machine she star cry and don't want. Actually Natalie can stand in measure her weight coz more easy.

When time to lie her down measure her height then SHOW TIME begin. She will like Sarah feel uneasy.

And next she know what doctor will go for her and she will cry and ask us bring her out hehehe!

About Sarah Height and weight i think should be all right. She growing well under her good mummy take care :)

little prince's mummy said...

Keep on monitoring Sarah's height and weight :)

Serene said...

I think is good becos being well feed by caring mummy!
Pandai mummy got bring along finger food to calm her down!

LittleLamb said...

oh....poor thing. hope she forgotten about the jab already...

regarding the weight n height..to me..just let it be. as long she drinks her milk n eat well...no need to be pressure on the weight..

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Serene -I also hope is a good thing!
I brought along the finger food, because is been a while she did not go to clinic and have a jab, so surely need to bring something incase she cry or etc...since it is works!

Rachel - Yes, I think she has forgotten the jab after she reached home. She just enjoyed herself crawling around the house.
- Thanks for your words. Feel more relief listen to it.

Kylie - Yes, I will. I do plot the chart provided by MP.

Yen Ping - Oo..so now Natalie still sit on the weighing machine? For Sarah, I will hold her and stand on the machine and weight her.
- I think every kids also scared of jab. Not even kids, me also scared..hehe.
- Thanks for your comment. I hope she is ok with her weight.

Esmeralda - I also think the same as you. Maybe I have overfeed her..hehe, really no idea.
Anyway, as you said, when Sarah can walk and run, I think her weight will drop abit.

Mommy Gwen - Thanks ya!

Wonderful Life said...

It's a compliment!! That shows Sarah is growing well. Also well fed with nutritious food by mummy!! :)

JoAnne said...

Of course is compliments dear...

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Joanne N and Doreen - I also not sure whether is it a real compliment. I think the paed also confused me with her words..hehe