Monday, August 18, 2008

Vercimilli

Priviously when i tried on cooking macaroni for Sarah, it turned out to be a failure...

Since then, I never give up thinking of cooking a suitable type of noodle and fine-tune the method of prepration. After visited Karen's blog, she has given me the idea of using vercimilli as the main ingredient this time.

As you all know, vercimilli has a very soft texture after cooked, so I think Sarah will have no problem in swallowing it. After the past experience, I realised it is better to serve the noodle with soup. Therefore, I have used carrot, cabbage, some blended anchovies, pork and a piece of ginger, in order to make a simple yet tasty soup.

Lastly, not forget also to add in the tofu and spinach.



-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OUTCOME:

Yeh! Sarah likes it. I think she is my No. 1 fans...



p/s: Thanks to Mommy Karen Yiau for her brilliant idea.

11 comments:

Blessed mum said...

if u don't mind me commenting, I think your spinach is a little over-cooked, it loses the vit and nutri.

I usually dump the veggie in just before serving, so its still green..

sorry for kapo-ing..

little prince's mummy said...

Wow wow!~ new food for Sarah again.. :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Blessed me - Dont worry, I welcome for your comment and idea.
-Is true, I did overcooked the spinach, coz I thought to cook them more longer, so that they are easier to be chew by Sarah. But turns out the colour become like that.

Kylie - Yes..another new food. Hehe.

MommyAngel said...

Wow .... looks delicious oh. I always wanted to cook noodle soup for Angel but have yet to try out. I think this soup not only bb will loves it, mommies will like it too :) Sometimes it feels extra special and have a sense of achievements to cook for our babies isn't it? They will always appreciate our cooking with no complain at all, hehehe.

MommyAngel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wonderful Life said...

Hey, the white color cubes are the pork??

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Doreen - Nup, they are tofu.

Caroline - Thanks again for "bong cheong" my menu. Hehe..
- Yes, when seeing our bb able to makan all our food, feeling so happy deep inside the heart.
- Nevermind, since Angel has some sensative skin issue, maybe you need to take some time to intro new food to her.

Blessed mum said...

hi..U can call me blessed mum or Michelle : )

for my boy, I used to chop/minced it so its easier for him to swallow without much needs to chew. : )

Its my honour to be on your bloglist!

karenyiau said...

Hi Joanne, good try and my recipe is just basic guide, am sure you will be very creative to come out with more variants. :)

Put the vege in last as Michelle suggested. Also you can let Sarah try on egg yolk with mee sua if you want, introduce egg white after 1 year old.

karenyiau said...

Hi Joanne, good try and my recipe is just basic guide, am sure you will be very creative to come out with more variants. :)

Put the vege in last as Michelle suggested. Also you can let Sarah try on egg yolk with mee sua if you want, introduce egg white after 1 year old.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Karen - Hai hai..thanks for visiting my blog.
With your tips and guides, it definitely makes this recipe greater!
- Yeap, will listen to Michelle and your advice for the right time to put in the vege into the soup.
- Oo..you mean I can let Sarah to try egg yolk now?

Michelle - I think i preffered to call you Michelle...
- Yeap, I will chopped the vege into smaller pieces so that easier for Sarah to chew. Thanks ya!
- Ok, will add your blog into my list. Is my pleasure too...