Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Potty Training (Lesson 1)

Yesterday was the first day I potty trained Sarah.

Early in the morning when she was watching her favourite nursery song, I just thought to give a try and let her sit on the potty chair. As usual I used the normal way to let her has the urge to pass motion, so I said: "emmmmmmm....". Guess what was her next action? She cried out LOUD!! I was so shocked by her cried and quickly brought her down from the potty.

So kesian her, her eyes and face were full with tears.

I did checked on her buttock, the flesh was a bit reddish. So I was thinking whether was she hurt when she was sitting on the potty? Or she was just not ready that she has to poo poo with a sitting position? Therefore, I think it is better to let her get familiar to this "new washroom" first. So, I let her sit on the potty (with pants on). Ah hah, she likes it! She sat on the chair while watching tv. It's so cute watching her sit so comfortably on the chair.

Throughout the day, although she was not manage to pass urine or motion in the potty, but I think she is still doing a good job, because at least she did not cry anymore when I put her there.

I will keep up my work in training her, as I know potty training do require alot of time and effort.




"She was sitting like a boss ... somemore goyang kaki "
video

11 comments:

MommyAngel said...

Wah .... you really got a nice potty after all, can used as a chair too, hehehehe ..... yeah, Sarah really looks like a big boss sitting on her new potty, shaking legs somemore, hahaha ... so cute!!! Guess what, after MSN with you yesterday, I got Angel first 'pop' this morning after 1 entire week of hardwork, hahahaha ... so happy!

Serene said...

Hahaha.. she really looks like a BIG BOSS! Another goyang kaki girl ya! So cute...

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Serene & Caroline - Yalor, she looks so comfortable sitting there. I think she thought it is a lil chair for her.

Caroline - Good news to you!! At least there is something "out" from Angel after all your hard work. Guess what!! Sarah also manage to wee2 (a lil bit) this morning. We both happy mommies now.

the little prince said...

wahhh....so shiok looking at Sarah sitting on the new potty....look like lady boss ya...Clever Girl!

I still got to hold baby Kyle whenever he is sitting on the potty for poo poo as he still cant sit goyang goyang...

Wonderful Life said...

Waahhh... so nice potty! Seems like she enjoyed sitting on it. :)

I only have the normal potty. However, my Ryan doesn't seem able to sit still on the potty! He'll use his hands to touch the floor and also trying to get up from the potty so that he could play with it. Sigh.

Qi said...

haha..Sarah very cute.. i can't believe she 10 months only..

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Doreen - Yes, she was enjoyed sitting on the new potty. Actually I bought this potty from Jusco. It is the sweet cherry brand, and the quality also not bad.
- Ryan is such a cute and active boy. Nevermind, be patient ya.

Vivi - haha..Thanks for comment. But true wor, she is already 10 mths old :-0

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Yugene - Hope in future she can be a lady boss too..hehe
- Is ok, just start potty train to Klye whenever you feel the right time for him.

Blessed mum said...

good start..potty training needs a lot of patience..so take your time.

She looks like a lady boss sitting on the potty for the past pic! : )

Esmeralda said...

Hi Joanne..
U did get Sarah a nice potty ya? Sarah so good girl can sit down quitely on the potty ya... I bought Ashton a nice potty too, but he sit for 1-2 mins, then wanna try to detach the whole thing. I tried letting him do his business on it, bit nothing came out. His hands kept on touching here and there... Haha...

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

hi Blessed mom - Yes, it does takes me a lot of patient and effort. But I wont give up easily, I will keep trying. Thanks!
Hehe, she looks like a lady boss leh..

Esmeralda - Hai hai..thanks for leaving comment at my blog.
Haha, yes, I managed to get a nice potty chair for her. But seems like she feel abit uncomfortable sitting there.
So, Ashton also got the same potty chair as Sarah?
Haha...i think Sarah also will be like that if she is used to the potty..