Monday, August 18, 2008

Mulberry Leaf (Backdated Post)



Don't worry Mommies....I am not going to feed Sarah with Mulberry Leaf. So why am I posting this picture here?

Since last week, she had some rashes on her body. This is the first time she is having it. Initially I did applied some cream and Agnesia talcum, but cant see much effect on the rashes.

So, suddenly think of an idea to make use of the mulberry tree (the leaf) which planted at my parent's house. As told by mum, by using the leaves to bathe, it will cool down the body temperature. Of course, it has other usage also. For eg, it can be used to clean the eyes if there is soreness or conjunctivitis.

I have used the leaves and boiled in one big pot of hot water. After that, the water will be using for Sarah's bathing. Actually, it has some weird smell and colour (dark green) after boiling. So, I will also add in some baby shower gel in the bath tub to get rid of the smell.

Today's already the third day she bathe with the leaves, I can see the rashes subsided.

I really hope it can works on her.

10 comments:

MommyAngel said...

Talking about coincidence or what!!!!! I am so surprise to see you post coz Angel also suffers from a lot of rashes due to some allergy (from her biscuits) and also the heat so I am actually started to bathe Angel with something 'special' since 2 days ago too .... beer!!! And also, I am suffer from conjunctivitis too and I didn't know that mulberry leaves have such an effect. Good to know that your parents plant them so you will used them without any hesitation. Hope both our girls will be free from thier rashes soon.

Qi said...

Hi Joanne, Sarah feel better now?!don't worry.. Sarah will very fast recover.
Do you know chinese name for "mulberry leaves "?? thanks

little prince's mummy said...

Wish Sarah and Angel free of rashes soon...

Bath with beer oso can? dunno about mulberry leaves, I used 蛇草(dunno wat it call in english) for my son when he had rashes and it's very effective!~ Rashes gone right after I bath him... :)

Blessed mum said...

Hope Sarah recovers from the rashes soon...

My Lil' Monster said...

Hey Jo do tell me how effective tis Mulberry leaves. I never heard of it. If it does works really wanna try.

Hope Sarah is recovering by now.

the little prince said...

Never heard of the mulberry leaves...looking forward to hear the result!

Hope Sarah recover soon....

Take care.

the little prince said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the little prince said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Violet and Yugene - I think the leaves are good for her. Now her rashes have subsided quite alot.

Vivi- It is called 桑叶.
Thanks Vivi, Sarah is ok now, but wil continue to bathe her with the leaves until she is fully recover.

Blessed Mum - Thanks!

Kylie - I think I have heard of, rashes bath wiith beer, but never try.
Yes, I know "se chou". It is another effective plant to be used. But I cant get it over here.
Anyway, thanks for your concern about Sarah.

Caroline - So ngam again!! Hehe...
Woww...then you have to used alot of beer to bathe her lor?
-Yes, my parents house plant the tree, so I thought to give a try with it.
- Hope Angel will recover soon.

Anonymous said...

中文网站推荐: 上海大众搬场上海公兴搬场玻璃瓶厂电子地磅解码器上海搬场上海公兴搬场公兴搬家公司上海大众搬场