Friday, August 1, 2008

Jicama What?

Do you know what is Jicama? Yes, it is "sa got" (Cantonese) or "Benkuang" (Bahasa Melayu). I only know it called Jicama when I googled it. Jicama is sometimes called the Mexican Yam Bean too..

I love Jicama very much, because it has a mild, nondescript flavor, but a nice crunchy texture. This is one of those vegetables I’ve always wanted to try for Sarah, but never quite knew what to do with it. I bought one yesterday at the grocery store and I thought I would add it into the porridge this time round. Jicama can be eaten raw, but it is always suggested to feed baby with cooked vege, so I decided to cook it in the porridge.

By the way, I will also add in some pumpkin. But since Sarah just had some orange food few days ago, so the quantity of pumpkin in the porridge will be lesser than Jicama.

Best of luck to me (for this new idea of food)....



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUTCOME:
. It turns out to be a very yummy porridge. What a HUGE success!
. Sarah able to finish a plate of porridge within 15 minutes.

15 comments:

MommyAngel said...

Wow .... nice mixture!! Must be pretty yummy. I never think of this combination before, nice try!!! Sarah must be so happy :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hi Caroline, yes..is really yummy. I did tasted it.
Sarah like the porridge very much.
Thanks for your comment.

Ryan's mami said...

Hmm... you just cook the porridge with these only?

For the past few weeks, my boy has been poo-ing many times a day. I wonder is it have to do with what he ate??

Qi said...

Wah..New recipe..Sarah know how to appreciate Mommy's food oh..curi your recipe.. i will try cook it for Qi Qi this weekend. oh.. Thanks

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Vivi - Yes, another new recipe. Sarah showed her appreciation to my food, by finished it..hehe

Ai ya, no curi lah...we share share good things mah!! So go ahead and try for Qiqi and let me know she likes it or not. Good luck!

Doreen - Yes Doreen, only jicama and pumpkin.

Ryan was not purging those watery poo2 is it? If not, should be ok. Coz for Sarah, she is also like that. Sometimes, in a day she will poo2 for 3 times.

little prince said...

Yeah! new menu to cook for little Sean :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Pei Wun - Hehe..hope Sean will like it. You may add more pumpkin into the porridge, so it has the sweetness.

Serene said...

Jaonne, you really put a lots of effort by preparing a new and nice food to Sarah!
I hope i can be the same as you.. heheheh.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Serene - I think you can do that too..
But for me, when seeing Sarah so enjoying the food, it makes me more and more "add oil" in preparing new food for her.

Ping said...

Wow...you really try a lot of new dishes for Sarah. I'm wondering did Natalie love it too hehehe!
But she currently love to eat sup + rice. So everyday my mum need to think which sup for today? hahaha!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Yen Ping - Yes, me dare to try alot of recipe coz my tikus putih is a bb, hehe...

Is good that Natalie loves to eat rice.

quEeNie said...

u really have many ideas in preparing different kind of food for ur Sarah...so good to have a mummy like u...not like me sometimes aso lazy...keke

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hai Queenie - Thanks for leaving comment in my blog. Wonder how do you know me?

Actually I got the idea for the bb menu from bb food website.

No lah, you are not lazy. Is just that you and I have the different hobby. Hehe.

quEeNie said...

Joanne: Hi, ur welcome, I got to know you thru Violet....mind I link ur blog @ my blog

keke....next time I can get receipe from ur blog..

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Quennie, Of course you can linked up my blog. I will linked up yours too..