Thursday, August 14, 2008

Her First Lantern (Backdated Post)

Ta ta ta ta...This is the lantern which I bought for Sarah.



Initially I thought to buy a Mickey Mouse lantern for her, but it is not as nice as this little bunny. And of course this lantern is more suitable for her as it looks more girlish.

Besides showing this nice lantern to you all, I also wanna share a funny incident when we bought the lantern.

Ok, when I was inside the shop, there was so many lanterns hanging around and I was busy looking for the right and beutiful lantern for her. She looked a bit blur and puzzled during the whole process, but I was the one who got super excited!

After chosen this lantern, I just showed it directly infront of her and said:" Sarah, see!" Ops!! She cried! I think she was just taking aback by the lantern. The shopkeeper was looking at us and smile. Hehe...

At that point of time, I was shocked by her reaction. I thought she was suppose to be happy and excited with this "new toy". Luckily, I am able to calm her down.

So, once we reached home, we hang the lantern on the wall. The main purpose is for her to get used to it. As for now she is no longer phobia with it, and even able to smile at it.

Anyway, we will surely remember this incident forever.

12 comments:

Therese Marie Khor said...

Oh Boy !...u made her cry. Yea, u must always remember buying her d 1st lantern is wht u did to her...You've made her CRY....wahh wahh

My Lil' Monster said...

Ai yoh, she get taken back with the lantern ah? Maybe, he 1st time kua.

Once u light ups all the candles surely she get excited bout it.

I yet to buy one! Dunno to buy batt operated or candles ones!! I scared he burn the house!

Wonderful Life said...

yeee...the lantern so cute! I wanted to buy one too but I think Ryan would destroy the lantern both batt operated and candle ones. As for battery operated, I think he'll take it to bang on the floor and put it into his mouth.... :P

little prince's mummy said...

Wow!~ very cute lantern..
planning to buy 1 soon!~

little prince's mummy said...

Wow!~ very cute lantern..
planning to buy 1 soon!~

MommyAngel said...

Nice lantern you have ..... looks a bit like hello kitty ( the colour ) and I am glad that you actually got the conventional one coz it's just so meaningful, right? But mommy will have to keep a close eyes to lil Sarah lo. I am still thinking whether a conventional one or the battery operated one :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Therese - Ai yo....you ya? Making me more sad leh..Hehe.
Yalor, me bad mommy. Make Sarah cried!!

Violet - YOu are right, maybe this is the first time she see lantern, thats why she cried.
- Hehe...Adriel wont burn the house, the most..will burn the lantern.

Doreen - Cute hor..personally i like it very much!
- Maybe you just buy one lantern, and let Ryan play lor..Once a year spoilt one lantern, ok lah..


Caroline - Ooo..it looks like a hello kitty? I thought is a bunny..haha
-Actually I prefer the conventional type, as you said, more meaningful and fun while playing with it. Of course now is not the time yet to let Sarah play. Now is my time to play first, then later pass to her. Haha..
-Is up to you to choose which type, if you want Angel to hold on the lantern, then I think is better to buy those battery operated, but if you just hang it (like what I did), then you can buy this type.

Kylie - So, you will buy what type of lantern for Sean? I am sure he will likes it.

Serene said...

Wah... Sarah so young also can play lantern liao ya! The lantern looks so cute!
By the way, Joanne.. got another tag for you. Feel free to grab it from my blog, ok =)

Serene said...

Wah... Sarah so young also can play lantern liao ya! The lantern looks so cute!
By the way, Joanne.. got another tag for you. Feel free to grab it from my blog, ok =)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Serene, I just dono why..I just being very excited to buy a nice lantern for her.
Ok, Serene. Thanks for the tag. Wil have a look later.

nicole said...

lantern, i luv tis festival also....
hey, behind lantern, i saw ur wedding pic... hehe

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Nicole, so did you buy any lantern for Jessica?
HAha..you got sharp eyes. Yes, thats my wedding photo. Nice or not? Hehe..