Sunday, June 29, 2008

Zam-Buk

I am sure some mommies have heard of "Zam-Buk". It is an ointment to treat minor wounds, burns, insect bites and muscular pains. I get to know about this ointment from my forum friends. By the way, thanks to Therese and Amanda for sharing this great info with me.



So, last week I have bought a tin and thinking to keep it for emergency usage.

Alas, this morning I noticed that Sarah's left hand has two BIG "insect bites" (Left pic) (I called it as "insect bites" because I am not sure whether she is bitten by mosquitoes or some kind of bugs). Anyway, this is already the second time happend to her and this time, the bites are larger than the previous one (Right pic). So, I have applied some Zam-Buk on her hand and seems like the swelling and redness began to subside.

According to the past experience, she will takes about 3 to 5 days to recover. So, within these days, I will apply the ointment to her on a more regular basis.

11 comments:

Ping said...

JoanneT thanks for sharing and thisi use before but i forget it can apply on baby.
Natalie leg and hand some time also bitten by mosquitoes and got mark there and take time to recover.
It's time for me to buy Zam-Buk :)

Serene said...

Joanne, ya.. Zam-buk is very good ointment. It can be use to apply on bruise also.

peimun said...

Joanne,
Other than this Zam-Buk, you may try out the Lucas Papaw ointment too!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Yen Ping - You are most welcome.
I think it is good to apply on mosquitoes bite. Maybe you buy a tin and have a try.

Pei Mun - So are u using Lucas Papaw? Where can I get it?
Thanks for the info.

Serene - Thanks for your info.

chin said...

Hai Joanne, wanchin here. you are right,I from SMKJ... I din try this Zam-Buk but I use the TeaTree Oil,Thursday Plantation product. Its can use for insect bite & cuts also...

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hai Wan Chin, glad to have your reply. You were really from SMKJ, then you were my senior. If I am not mistaken, you were previously from "hua wen xue hue"?

Tea Tree Oil, yaya...I have heard it b4. How much per bottle?

Qi said...

Hi Joanne.. Qi Qi kenal Insect Bites also use Zam Buk.er..do u notice.. Mosquito like bully BB...

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Ooo...U are using Zam-Buk too..
Yalor, I noticed that mosquitoes love to bite baby.

kristie said...

i am glad zambuk works for sarah! just make sure sarah doesnt go and lick it!

Agnes Khoo said...

This Zam Buk is good! I use it too! But hv to keep away in safe & dry place!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Kristie - Thanks for your concern. Zam-Buk really works for her. Now her hand is ok already.

Agnes - Is true, have to keep it in safe place.