Saturday, May 17, 2008

Potato Week

For the past four days, I have cooked Sweet Potato Porridge for Sarah. Thought to buy those purplish sweet potato (judging from its skin), but it turned out to be yellowish colour in it's flesh pulak (left)...Hmmm...I am still wonder why ah??



By the way, tomorrow I will reintroduce white potato puree to Sarah. She has tried it last time, so should not be any problem for her to have it again...



She also will be tasting a new fruit, which is pear (left). From what I have read from the baby food website, pears are high in fiber, potassium and Vitamin-C. So it is a good fruit to be introduced to baby. Since Sarah seldom takes fruit (other than apple), so it is a great choice for her second fruit. I will be adding apple puree (right) into it because there are still some stock in my freezer.

5 comments:

Serene said...

Joanne, i think the one u bought is Japanese Sweet Potato. The other one with purple body & skin is from Philipines. I personarly likes the Japanese type more.. By the way, i was interested to know how you make all this Puree? Tot of let my ger try it also.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Hai Serene,
Thanks for your info about the type of the sweet potato. Next time, I think I will try the Philipines type. Wondering, why do you like the Japanese type more...???
Ok, with regards to the method of cooking puree, maybe you could refer to this website, http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com
coz last time I also referred to it.
Anyway, is quite simple to prepare puree food. For eg, sweet potato puree. Just cut the sweet potato in cubes, steam it till soft and tender. Then, use the blender to blend it. You may add some water to achieve smooth consistency. The same method applied to other type of veges and fruits.
Good Luck!

My Lil' Monster said...

Hi Jo, Has Sara started with solid as in porridge? Normally my bbsitter will cook the porridge with all the ingredients such as sweet potato, spinach, scallop, fish, ikan bilis,minced pork and potato to Adriel's porridge (and 1.5 scoop of rice). Yes, sounded alot hor. Anyway, she did put lots of effort to cook porridge for him. She use the slow cooker to cook these for him - only 3hrs.

Serene said...

Joanne, thanks for the website and guidelines. I will refer to it soon! I like the Japanese one bcos is more soft! Phi one more rough and not as sweet as Jap potato.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Serene - You are most welcome. I wish you all the best in preparing yummy meal to Xixi.

Violet - Yes, i have started porridge to Sarah for quite some time. Normally, I will prepare porridge meal on an alternate basis with puree.
Woww..Adriel's BB sitter has put so much effort in preparing his porridge, good job to her!! Hehe
And the porridge must be delicious.
Anyway, I also using slow cooker to cook porridge, coz is more easier...